These Romans are crazy

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Zindagi bhar nahi bhoolonge ...

I saw the movie "Barsaat" yesterday and it had me in tears. Not that it was a tear-jerker, but I was crying, mourning the loss of those 2 hours of my life that I won't get back.
The movie's hero is Bobby Deol who is an aspiring car designer who comes to the US for graduate school and gets hired by BMW in the US. A little bit of a reach - but fairly reasonable (he could be the Indian Chris Bangle). But then things start getting crazy. He spends more time in what looks like a BMW dealership than in a design studio. The chairman of BMW is an Indian guy (I can see the Quandt family getting ready for a lawsuit) and the hero launches a new vehicle (within weeks - max a couple of months of starting work). Now the vehicle he launches is the Z4 (a decent car - no doubt - but one that's been out for quite a while now :P). A US product launch (and not at an auto show at that) attended by 20-30 people only and to top it all, the guy announces it as the Zed 4.

Made me wish I rather sat in a bar than through barsaat :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home